10 Steps for Creating A Unique Brand To Stimulate Fresh Growth In Your Career
Have you ever desired to change your brand and wondered how you can ‘transfer’ all the credibility and— you have built over the years without losing business?
Do you wonder how you can transfer all your ‘credibility assets’ into the new brand so that you can continue to profit and even increase your profits tremendously despite the brand change?
1) The first step in creating a unique brand is to refocus on your purpose, your why. When you are clear on the how and where you desire to use your emboldened brand, the other steps become easier.
Here are the next steps towards re-creating a unique brand so as to stimulate fresh growth in your business and life:
- Reconnect with your origin story- the story that serves as defining who you are and how you got where you are today. Analyze it to see which elements to carry forward into your brand.
- Revisit your connections over the years. See which kind of mentors you have had. Which type of people have you attracted. Which colleagues can boast about your success? Examine the qualities that these people may have that serve as a fulcrum to you.
4.Revisit your educational background- the degrees and certificates you have acquired over the course of your career. Which of these stand out? What common elements do they have? Note this down.
- Now, take a look at the key job positions you have had over the years. What are the characteristics of the different roles you played in them? Is there a common thread? Make a list of this.
- Repeat step 5 in respect of the non-profits or volunteer positions that you have occupied in your life. Which key leadership positions did you occupy? what are key characteristics of these positions
- Now take a look at your current leadership position/your job/your business. Describe the roles you currently play in your business and non-profit circles. What stands out in all these?
8.This step is to help you bring your leadership strengths and purpose into focus. Take a look at the items you have listed in items 1-8. Which strengths have you portrayed in these roles and different scenarios of your career and life? When did you feel like you were ‘on purpose’ the most?
- Take a look at the different elements of purpose, strengths, and achievements as listed in items 1-9
Which characteristics come up often? Which of these elements can serve as fundamental pieces to use as building blocks of a new re-combined brand? Your answer to this question will reveal how you can put the defined pieces into a strong brand to carry forward in your present circumstances, a unique brand that you can enable to stimulate fresh growth in your business and life.
10. Take ownership of your newly revealed brand. Activate it by boldly defining it. Craft visual imagery and identity around this brand. ( I will address this aspect more in future blog posts). Use it in all your various platforms towards success in your career and business pursuits.